Family in fish and chip trade. First shop in Bradford 1928. Moved to White Cross selling take away fish (1'd) and chips (half penny) from a wooden hut bought for £150. Delivered to local mills. e.g Moons, Peates.
1931 opened this restaurant. A fish & chip tea cost one shilling. Harry retired in 1954. Restaurant doubled in size in 1968 to become the largest fish and chip shop in the world.
White Cross , Guiseley, United Kingdom