Saint Stephen Church. The Vincentian Fathers have administered this parish since its founding in 1849 by Fr. Angelo Gandolfo, C.M. Mass was celebrated in private homes of Faubourg Bouligny until a chapel was dedicated on January 1, 1850. The parish soon outgrew this chapel and a larger church was built on the present site in the following year. The present St. Stephen's, designed in Gothic style, was begun in 1868., during Reconstruction days. Civil unrest and economic crises combined to delay completion. The first mass was celebrated on St. Stephen's feast, Dec. 26, 1887. The church was dedicated on Jan. 1, 1888. The 200-foot steeple was added later and blessed on Dec. 31, 1906.

1025 Napoleon Avenue, New Orleans, LA, United States

Saint Patrick's Church. Established 1833 by Bishop Leo de Neckère, C.M. This church, completed in 1840 during the pastorate of Father James I. Mullon, is the oldest parish church outside the French Quarter. In 1850 St. Patrick's served as Pro-Cathedral while the St. Louis Cathedral was undergoing reconstruction. Here Bishop Antoine Blanc received the Pallium as first Archbishop of New Orleans on February 16, 1851. St. Patrick's is regarded as the mother church of uptown New Orleans. Archdiocesan Bicentennial Commission.

724 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA, United States

Our Lady of the Lake Church. Early in the eighteenth century, Catholic missionaries evangelized Choctaw, Chinchuba and other Indian tribes and sub-tribes on the Northern shore of Lake Pontchartrain. Among pioneer priests was Fr. Michael Baudouin, S.J., superior of the Jesuit mission in Louisiana and Vicar-General to the Bishop of Quebec, Canada. Fr. J. Outendrick was the first resident pastor when the Mandeville congregation was organized in 1850. Fr. Adrien E. Rouquette, "Chahta-Ima," also labored here and elsewhere in St. Tammany civil parish. The present church was dedicated in 1953 during the pastorate of Fr. Canisius Bluemel, O.S.B., one of several Benedictines serving here since 1890.

312 Lafitte Street, Mandeville, LA, United States

Saint Peter Church. L'Abbé Jouanneault built the predecessor of St. Peter Church on the Bogue Falaya in 1843. The first resident pastor was Fr. J. X. Giraud, appointed in 1863 to serve Covington, Madisonville, Bedico and Abita Springs. In 1898 Fr. Joseph Koegerl pastor, who was also Canon of St. Louis Cathedral, built a new church and rectory on Massachusetts St. The Jefferson Ave. church was erected in 1940 during the pastorate of Fr. Aemilian Egler, O.S.B. Two Benedictine monks were pastors 1878-1885 and Benedictines have served the parish continuously since 1922.

Jefferson Street at E. 19th St., Covington, LA, United States