Arnside Sailing Club only remaining building of the 18th century Inland Revenue customs complex serving the Kent Estuary port of Milnthorpe. The main buildings and the Coast Waiter's cottage, lay across the road. Customs presence ceased in the 1850s as the railway was built.
The Albion Hotel. Built about 1810 originally as a house for a Captain Greenwood, mariner and ship owner. On his death in 1854 control passed to his son-in-law Richard Bush, who turned the house into Bush's Albion Hotel as shipping declined. Under various owners it has remained a hotel ever since.