Banbury Borough Council

Borough Council of Banbury until 1974. Replaced by Cherwell District Council.
Banbury gained a Town Council in 2000.
This very early type of pillar-box dating from 1856 has been in daily use in Banbury since 1857. The box was renovated with the support of Banbury Borough Council and re-opened for use on this site on November 25th 1974

Town Hall, Bridge Street, Banbury, United Kingdom

Subjects
Near this site stood the Market Cross until it was destroyed in 1600 A.D.

Former Cornhill Corn Exchange facade - Castle Quay - Market Place, Banbury, United Kingdom

Subjects
This plaque commemorates the start in 1974 of the Castle Centre by the Banbury Borough Council

Former Cornhill Corn Exchange facade - Castle Quay - Market Place, Banbury, United Kingdom

Subjects