Signal Tower. During the Napoleonic Wars a chain of signal towers was built around the coast of Ireland between 1804 and 1806. This two storey tower communicated by signal mast with similar towers on Sheeps Head and Blackball Head. Damaged by lightning in 1959, it was finally blown down in a storm in 1964.
hilltop on Bere Island, Bere Island, Ireland