Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Barton Farm Barton Grange Farm, six buildings grouped around a courtyard, is considered to be one of the best surviving examples of a medieval farm in existence in the country. English Heritage owns the Tithe Barn, but the Bradford on Avon Preservation Trust bought the rest of the site (excluding the privately-owned farmhouse) in 2000. The Trust won a double silver Green Apple award in 2005 for its renovation of Barton Grange Farm.

Barton Farm, Bradford on Avon, United Kingdom

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Orpins House 17th c., formerly a glebe cottage. Home of Edward Orpin, clerk of the market. A portrait of him as the Parish Clerk is in the Tate Gallery. Buried opposite in 1781.

Church Street, Bradford on Avon, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Priory Barn Priory Barn was built at the end of the 15th century as an outbuilding of Rogers Manor (subsequently renamed The Priory and largely demolished in the 1930s). The Barn was acquired as a wreck by Elizabeth Stephenson, a founder member, and given to the Trust for its first restoration project.

Newtown, Bradford on Avon, United Kingdom

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
The Chantry Founded circa 1422 by Thomas Horton for the Chantry priest. In the 17th and 18th centuries it was a clothiers house for the Horton, Cam, Thresher and Hobhouse families.

Barton Orchard, Bradford on Avon, United Kingdom

2644580 9c078960 120x120
Barton Grange Farm A grange of the Abbess of Shaftesbury who was given the land in 1001 by King Ethelred. Since the 1530's it has been in private ownership and was a working farm until 1971. In 2000 the Preservation Trust bought and then restored the yard and the four smaller buildings.

, Bradford on Avon, United Kingdom