The Albert Theatre & Opera House Opened here in 1899 as a concert hall, seating 1200 people on three levels. 'Talking pictures' were shown from 1906, and touring companies and local dramatic and musical groups presented many plays, operas and musicals. The Star Bingo Club opened in 1971 and the a pub in 2007.

Huddersfield Road, Brighouse, United Kingdom

Subjects
Park Chapel was opened by the Methodists on June 27th 1878 The building occupies the site of the first chapel built in 1795 on part of Brighouse Park

The Richard Oastler, Bethel Street, Brighouse, United Kingdom

Thornton Square named after Robert Thornton mayor of Brighouse 1909-1916

Thornton Square, Brighouse, United Kingdom

Thomas Sugden and Son flour millers Born 1796 in Bradford, Thomas Sugden supplied canal barges from his chandlery on this site. His first flour mill was opened nearby in 1829.

Market, Owler Ings Road, Brighouse, United Kingdom

Subjects
This building was the old Bethel Chapel from 1811 to 1904 William Booth founder of the Salvation Army was minister here 1857-1858

Bethel Street, Brighouse, United Kingdom

Subjects
Brighouse Town Hall built on the site of the old malt kiln the clock was a gift of the mayor Robert Thornton in 1914

Old Town Hall , Market Street, Brighouse, United Kingdom

This building was erected in 1875 on the site of the Old Mansion House as the first branch outside Halifax of the Commercial Banking Company

Old Town Hall , Market Street, Brighouse, United Kingdom

National Westminster Bank This listed building with its decorated facade was built in 1895 for the London and Yorkshire Bank Ltd

NatWest, Bradford Road, Brighouse, United Kingdom

Brighouse Civic Hall opened October 14th 1868 as the Town Hall converted to the Civic Hall in 1968

Yorkshire Building Society, Bradford Road, Brighouse, United Kingdom

Robert Blakeborough 1843-1912 commenced scientific valve experiments on these premises

Websters Interiors, Bradford Road, Brighouse, United Kingdom

Subjects
The original station of 1840 was known as 'Brighouse for Bradford'. The second station was called Brighouse for Rastrick. After closing in 1970 a new station was reopened in 2000 as BRIGHOUSE.

Railway Station (Platform 1), Railway Street, Brighouse, United Kingdom