House stood here in the 17th Century. It was the Star Inn by 1790.

The Star Hotel, Lichfield Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Subjects
Burntwood or Brendewode was first mentioned in 1296.

Norton Lane, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Site of :- Burntwood Methodist Chapel. Built in 1849. Disused in 1875.

17 Chase Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Subjects
Site of :- Blue Ball Inn. Existed by 1775.

29 Chase Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Subjects
Site of :- Park Primary School. Opened in 1968. Closed in 1999.

Tudor Park Gardens, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Subjects
Edial House Farm early 19th Century farm house Farm probably existed by the 16th Century

Lichfield Road, Edial, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Maple Hayes existed by 1674. In 1884 bought by Albert Worthington.

Abnalls Lane, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Subjects
Used as a Beer House In the late 19th and early 20th Century

Woodhouses Road, Woodhouses, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Woodhouses Lane existed by 1656 Road from Woodhouses to Cannock

Woodhouses Lane, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Built in 1900 as St. Matthews's Hospital Church. Closed in 1995.

Shaftsbury Drive, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Site of :- Staffordshire County Asylum. Later known as St. Matthew's Hospital. Opened 1864. Closed 1995.

St. Matthews Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

St. Matthew's Chapel opened with the cemetery in 1867. Closed 1956. Demolished late 1960s

St. Matthews Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Burntwood Rechabite's Initiated here in 1890's.

St. Matthews Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

School House built in 1769 By Elizabeth Ball as a charity school.

Coulter Lane, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Site of :- Burntwood Dame School Existed by 1775.

Church Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Institute started in 1921. Rebuilt in 1971.

Rugeley Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

A house existed here At Fulfen by 1537.

Rugeley Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Nailing was a renown cottage industry in Burntwood

Rake Hill, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Green Lane existed by 1700. As did Green Lane Farm. This was the road from Boney Hay to Cresswell Green.

Green Lane off Rugeley Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

The Lord Nelson existed by 1824. It was an Inn, blacksmith's and slaughterhouse.

Coulter Lane, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Subjects
Opened in 1820. Burntwood's first church.

Christ Church, Church Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Walter Stanfield's bakery Operated between 1920 and 1963.

123 Rugeley Road, Burntwood, United Kingdom

Subjects
Site of :- The Old Vicarage. Built 1911 for Rev. George Drury, St. Anne's Church. Sold 1979

High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of :- The 'Staffordshire Knot Pub'. Built by 1862. Used as a venue for various friendly society meetings.

142 High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of :- No:- 4 Pit of The Cannock Chase Colliery Company. Known as 'Fours Mount' Opened 1854. Disused by 1883.

Union Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Chasetown Police Station. Originally built 1873. Rebuilt 1963. New Station rebuilt in 2004.

High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of - The Greyhound Pub. Closed 1963.

High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

The Mining Institute. Opened 1913. Closed as a college 1987.

Queen Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of:- The Clock. Originally erected in 1902 as a Boer War Memorial. Original clock knocked down by a lorry in 1967.

High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Chasetown developed after the First coal mine was sunk in 1849.

High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of:- Wesleyan Chapel, known as Trinity Methodist Church. Built 1864. Closed 1977.

High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Subjects
Site of:- Chasetown Institute. Built 1888 on land donated by The Cannock Chase Colliery Company. Closed 1986.

High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of :- Old Market Hall Operating as a Cinema by 1914.

High Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

The Uxbridge Public House Existed by 1856. Used as a mortuary.

Church Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Three pairs of cottages Were built circa 1854

Church Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

St. Anne's Church. Built 1865. The first Church in England to be lit by electricity. 1883.

Church Road, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of :- Chasetown First School. Built 1911. Closed 1999.

Church Street, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of :- No:-2 Pit of the Cannock Chase Colliery Company. Known as 'The Uxbridge' and later 'The Fly'. Opened 1852. Closed 1940.

The Sportsway, Chasetown, United Kingdom

Site of :- No:-1 Pit of the Cannock Chase Colliery Company. Known as 'The Marquis'. Opened 1849. Closed 1856.

Pool Road, Brownhills, United Kingdom

Formerly Oakdene Primary School. Opened 1972. School disused by 1985.

Sycamore Road, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Built by 1866 as Bridge Cross House Farm.

Bridge Cross Road, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Built in 1901 as 'The Annie Ker Gettings Memorial Home' Nurses lived in the home, being employed to Give medical care to the local communities.

Bridge Cross Road, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Chase Terrace developed in the early 1860's As a result of coal mining.

Sankeys Corner, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Site of :- The Chase Cinema. Built 1924. Used as a Bingo Hall from 1975. Demolished 1994

Sankeys Corner, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Site of :- Chase Terrace Fire Station Until 1969.

Cannock Road, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Site of :- No:- 5 Pit of The Cannock Chase Colliery Company Known as 'Five's' Opened 1863. Closed 1919

Cannock Road, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Site of :- The Old Boys School Built in 1875 by the Cannock Chase Colliery Company Closed 1931

131 Cannock Road, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Site of :- The New Plant Inn. Existed by 1872 as a beer retailer. Closed 2002. Demolished 2003.

Cannock Road, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Site of :- The Methodist New Connection Chapel. Built by 1883. Closed 1964.

16 Chapel Street, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom

Site of :- The living quarters of Holloway's Travelling Theatre.

3 Chapel Street, Chase Terrace, United Kingdom