http://home.vicnet.net.au/~canthist/

24342730771 3b4b5a81f6 m
Canterbury Private Hotel. This building, originally called the Canterbury Club Hotel, was built for William Malone in 1889/90. Its grand design with stables and yard reflected the boom of the late 1880's. The 16 window keystones depict the British Prime Minister, W. E. Gladstone. The hotel was delicenced in 1920 and became a guest house known as Canterbury Mansions.

Cnr Mailing Road and Canterbury Road, Canterbury, Victoria, Australia

24425209645 5247e636b1 m
Canterbury Post Office. This post office was built in 1908-10 by W.H. Murphy at a cost of £3322, the site being purchased in 1907 for £3000. The Telephone Exchange was erected between 1923-27 at the rear. The post office was closed for business 1.11.1996.

Mailing Road, Canterbury, Victoria, Australia

24425211925 e49a6f6e5d m
Former Canterbury Hall. This Edwardian building was completed c.1913 and was used as a picture theatre for 20 years after 1924. Since 1948, the building has housed a number of commercial enterprises and was refurbished between 1982/86.

Mailing Road, Canterbury, Victoria, Australia