Row Houses. This row of Victorian attached cottages were built between 1857 and 1859 for Moses Firth who rented the then eleven cottages out. Shortly afterwards he sold the row to R. Raphael who continued to lease the properties, however by 1880 the number of cottages was reduced to nine. There are now only four remaining from the original row.
Three Detached Houses. For many years from 1927, these three large detached houses, built in 1882-1883, were joined together and known as the Milford House Private Hotel. In the 1950s it was noted as South Australia's fourth largest private hotel. For nearly thirty years from 1987, the building was a private hospital. After the hospital closed, the houses were sold individually and restored to their lost former elegance.