738632 f04b7841 120x120
Plas Gwyn Home of Sir Edward Elgar 1904-1911

On the corner of Hampton Park Road and Vineyard Road, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Mansion House 1697 formerly home of William Brewster D.Med. 1665-1715

Widemarsh Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
City Arms. Site of North Gate of Saxon Town. Formerly the Town House of the Duke of Norfolk, this became the City Arms Hotel and Nelson stayed here 23rd August 1802

Broad Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
To Commemorate the First Meeting & Formation of the Three Counties Agricultural Society 1797-1997

Broad Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Bishops Palace. Contains a late 12th century hall, one of the oldest in Britain. Faced in brick in the 18th century

Gwynne Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Site of the birthplace of Nell Gwynne. Founder of Chelsea Hospital and mother of the first Duke of St Albans. Born 1650. Died 1687. The house was demolished in 1858.

Gwynne Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
662113 f9c6bdb3 120x120
Wye Bridge. The bridge was built in 1490 damaged in the Civil War and widened in 1826. There was originally a gatehouse on the southern end which was demolished in 1782.

Wye Bridge, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
The Bishop's Meadow. This meadow is vested in the Hereford corporation as a public open space and playing field in perpetuity through the generosity of the Right Reverend John Percival D.D., Lord Bishop of Hereford. Who gave the leasehold in 1914 and of the Right Reverend Charles Lisle Carr. D.D., Lord Bishop of Hereford. Who gave the freehold in 1937. This tablet was unveiled by Her Majesty Queen Mary on the 29th July 1937.

By Victoria Bridge, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
29 Castle St. Incorporates the Late 14th century hall of the Vicars Choral. They moved to their new College in the Cathedral precincts in the 1470s.

29 Castle Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
St. Owens Gate. Site of the east gate of the medieval City defences. Demolished 1786.

St Owens Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Booth Hall. Late 14th century first floor hall with fine hammer and tie beam roof, restored in 1921. Originally a trading hall.

nr East Street?, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Henry graves bull plaque, hereford   img 0105
Henry Graves Bull. M.D., 1818-1885. Naturalist lived here.

Harley House, St John Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
1002493 a8c373a0 120x120
Site of the Garrick Theatre. Built 1882. Re-named in 1909 after the Famour actor and theatrical manager David Garrick, born at the Angle Inn in Widemarsh Street in 1717. Theatre rebuilt 1916 after a disastrous fire which claimed the lives of eight little girls taking part in a charity concert.

Site of the Garrick Theatre, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Farmer's Club. Early 17th century house which adjoined Widemarsh Gate. Artist, David Cox taught drawing at the Girls School here.

Widemarsh Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
This plaque was unveiled on the 14th March 1961. The right worshipful the Mayor of Hereford (councillor George Powell) To commemorate the One Hundredth Anniversary of the opening of the Butter Market. 10th October 1860.

Commercial Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Bye Street Gate. The gate in the north east corner of the medieval City defences stood in front of the Kerry Arms and included the city Gaol. Demolished 1798.

Bye Street Gate, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Hereford's First Public Baths. Washing Baths 1853. Swimming Baths 1871-1927. founded by Hereford Society for Aiding the Industrious, who used heat from their nearby Steam Mill. Bath Street takes its name from these baths.

Masonic Hall, Kyrle Street, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Hereford (Barrs Court) Railway Station. 150th Anniversary, 1856-2006. This plaque commemorates the completion of Hereford Barrs Court Railway Station for the Hereford, Ross and Gloucester Railway Co. and the Shrewsbury and Hereford Railway Co. in 1856. Architect - John Penson. Engineers - Isambard Kingdom Brunel & H Robertson. Contractors - Brassey Pelo and Betts. This plaque was unveiled on Tuesday 28 February 2006 by Mr Terry Dowding, Chairman Worcester Locomotive Society Ltd, Graeme Bunker, Managing Director Arriva Trains Wales.

Hereford Railway Station, Hereford, United Kingdom

Subjects