This site was formerly known as Swine Green Lord Byron wrote his first piece of poetry in 1798, with the verse "In Nottingham County there lives at Swine Green as curst an old lady as ever was seen....."
This statue of Robin Hood with its complementary plaques was presented to the City of Nottingham by Philip E.F. Clay Esq to commemorate the visit of the Princess Elizabeth and
The Duke of Edinburgh
on the 28th June 1949
during the city's