On this site formerly stood a building known locally as "The Tin Shed", and later, "Purefoy's". From 1933 to 1988 it was occupied by the Purefoy Engineering Company During World War II this company, with local employees, manufactured, amongst other aircraft parts, vital components for the successful "Dam Busters" raid on the Mohne Dam.

Tilt Road, Cobham, United Kingdom

Here stood the Crown Inn, demolished c.1913. The adjoining footpath, which is called Crown Alley, was originally a track leading into Church Field, one of Cobham's open fields in medieval times.

53 High St, Cobham, United Kingdom

The Fox and Hounds public house, a well known Cobham landmark, stood adjacent to this spot for over a hundred years until it was demolished circa 1960.

Papillion, Church Street, Cobham, United Kingdom

Overbye. Here lived Arts and Crafts architect Leonard Martin FRIBA (1869-1936) He enlarged this house and restored and enlarged several properties in Church Street including Pyports, Church Stile House and St Bridget's. He also designed Homestead and Beech House.

Overby, 18 Church St, Cobham, United Kingdom

Pyports Notable people who have lived here include: Captain Sir William Hoste (1780-1828) Known as "the young Nelson". Mark Currie (1759-1835) Banker and Distiller. Samuel Wesley Bradnack (1818-1895) Methodist School Master and Revivalist. Vernon Lushington (1832-1912) Lawyer, Positivist and friend of the Pre-Raphaelites. His daughter Kitty was Virginia Woolf's "Mrs Dalloway".

Pyports, Downside Bridge Rd, Cobham, United Kingdom

Church Cottage William Watts noted artist and engraver lived here 1814-1851.

Church Cottage, Downside Bridge Road, Cobham, United Kingdom