HMS Conway was built in 1839 as a 92 gun wooden battleship and converted in 1876 to a
school ship. She was anchored in the Mersey for many years before being moved to North Wales
where she was wrecked in the Menai Straits in 1953. Among the relics saved from the old
battleship is this anchor. Donated by The Conway Club.
Merseyside Maritime Museum, Hartley Quay, Albert Dock, Liverpool, United Kingdom