The Swan Inn Originally a farmhouse, this building was converted into an inn towards the end of the 18th Century. Here a Town Committee, a forerunner of the Council, met during the years 1816 - c.1844. Behind the inn can be seen part of the liock-up, or jail, opened by the Town Committee in 1819.

44 St James Street, Burnley, United Kingdom

Subjects