This stone marks the site of Camp Worth, a United States Military Post, named in honor of General William J. Worth, and Commanded by Major Ripley A. Arnold, 1849-1853. The camp protected the frontier against Indians, and was the beginning of the City of Fort Worth.
Erected by Mary Isham Keith Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, 1921
200 West Belknap, Fort Worth, United States