Coach-House of Chester Park The coach-house of Chester Park is all that remains of the residence of the Thomas Taylor family, built circa 1880. Robert Davies, a brother-in-law, purchased it in 1885. These two prominent local landowners and manufacturers were responsible for much of the development of East York. The Salvation Army bought Chester Park in 1940 and used it as a children's home until 1976 when the main house was demolished. This surviving structure is still of use to the community and represents part of the heritage left by the Taylors and Davies.
1132 Broadview Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada