Faversham Borough Council

The former governing body in Faversham installed a number of plaques which were rectangular, and date from 1952, when the town celebrated the 700th anniversary of the grant of its first extant charter.
Here lived Henry Hatch, merchant, adventurer and benefactor of the town. Died 1533. To this house was brought King James II when captured in attempting to leave the kingdom, December, 1688.

12 Market Place, Faversham, United Kingdom

Subjects
This was the original Queen Elizabeth Grammar School built 1567. Is it now the Masonic Hall.

The Old Grammar School, Faversham, United Kingdom

This house was the manor house of Kings Mill

The Manor House of King's Mill, Market Place, Faversham, United Kingdom

This house was the residence of Captain John Trowts (Mayor 1660). Herein he entertained King Charles II, whose exile at Breda he shared

Court Street, Faversham, United Kingdom

Subjects
Near to this house dwelt Saints Crispin and Crispianus, the patron saints of bootmakers. The well to which the pump is connected is St. Crispin's Well.

Market Street, Faversham, United Kingdom

Subjects
This house was the residence of Edward Jacob, F.S.A., the Faversham historian (Mayor 1749-54-65-75). His descendents were among the makers of British India.

Preston Street, Faversham, United Kingdom

Subjects
On this site stood a house which was the birthplace of Dr. John Wilson, First Master of the King's Music. Appointed by Charles II.

Abbey Street, Faversham, United Kingdom

Subjects
50th anniversary end of the Second World War. The Congregational Church Hall, billet for 'B' Company 1st BN (43rd) Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry 18th Oct 1943 to 14th June 1944 35 of whom were later killed in the battlefield of N.W. Europe. "We will remember them". In gratitude from the people of Faversham

The former Congregational Church in Partridge Lane, Faversham, United Kingdom

Subjects