13869631693 ecd3320de0 m
On this site stood Ireland's very first dedicated picture house, the Volta Cinema. It was opened on 20th December 1909 and managed by James Joyce. The converted 420-seat venue was renamed the Lyceum in 1921. It closed in 1948 and was demolished in the 1960s. Only the upper floor facades survives

45 Mary Street, Dublin, Ireland

Subjects