King-Cromartie House In 1907, Edwin T. King, the town's first builder, a boatwright and an early citrus grower, built his third home on the south bank of the New River near what is no US1. It remained the King family home until 1968. King's daughter Louise and her husband Bloxham Cromartie ( Ivy Cromartie Stranahan's brother) resided there for most of their married life. The Junior League of Fort Lauderdale barged the house upriver to this site in 1971 to save it from demolition. Built of Dade County pine, the house is four-square Georgian style. Originally one-story, a second floor was added in 1911.

229 SW 2nd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States