Friends of Lewes Society

The Friends of Lewes was founded in 1952. Our aims are to stimulate public interest in the beauty, history and character of the town of Lewes and its surrounding area; and to organise concerted action for protecting and enhancing the townscape and for preserving free access to the surrounding area.

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
The restoration of this building was completed in 1978 by James Franks and family with the encouragemnet and support of the friends of Lewes society who placed this plaque to mark the family's contribution to conservation in Lewes over many years.

Friars Walk, Lewes, United Kingdom