Coat Of Arms
The arms which are placed on this wall, are the property of H.M. Customs and formerly stood above the porch of the Port's Custom House, 20 South Quay, the adjacent building to this to the north, now the offices of the Great Yarmouth Port Authority.
The Arms are the English Royal Arms used since the accession of Queen Victoria in 1837 and show the arms for England with three gold lions passant guardant on a red background in the first and fourth quarters, the Arms for Scotland with a red lion rampant in the second quarter and a gold harp with white strings on a blue background for Ireland in the third quarter.
The arms were restored by the Great Yarmouth Port Authority, mounted on this wall and floodlit on 1993.
South Quay, Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom