This building, designed by Ernest George & Peto, was built for Judge William Barber of Barrow Point House as a temperance tavern in 1878. Its tea - garden attracted visitors from London. It flourished until the late 1920s as Ye Cocoa Tree, then became the local Conservative club until the 1960s.

64 High Street, Pinner , London, United Kingdom

Subjects
This late-Georgian building was called Equestrian Villa, later Belle Vue House. Charles Turner, operator of the coach to London, and sometime proprietor of The Queens Head, lived here from 1822 to 1832. His son-in-law, George Stanborough, coachdriver, lived here until 1863.

64 High Street, Pinner , London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Clement Attlee, Prime Minister 1945-51 This site marks the former family home, Heywood, of Clement Attlee KG PC OM CH FRS Prime Minister from 1945-51, Leader of the Parliamentary Labour Party and member of the coalition government 1940-1945.

Heywood Court, London Road, Stanmore, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Mrs Isabella Beeton (1836–65) cookery writer

513 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Queen's Head. Pinner's oldest inn. Built 16th Century called The Crown - 17th Century renamed The Queen's Head - 18th Century.

High Street, Pinner, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Wax Well

Waxwell Lane, Pinner at junction with Uxbridge Road, London, United Kingdom

The Old Schools. This is the original building at Harrow, finished in 1615 and enlarged in 1820 by Charles Robert Cockerell and given its present distinctive appearance.

Church Hill, Harrow on the Hill, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
St Laurence Whitchurch

Whitchurch Lane by St Laurence Close, Harrow, London, United Kingdom

Vaughan Library

High Street, Harrow on the Hill, London, United Kingdom

Elthorne Gate

64 High Street, Pinner, London, United Kingdom

Grim’s Dyke

Montesole Playing Fields, Uxbridge Road, Pinner, London, United Kingdom

Grim’s Dyke

Saddlers Mead Recreation Ground, off Clonard Way, Hatch End, London, United Kingdom

Old St John’s Church, Great Stanmore

Uxbridge Road near Old Church Lane, Great Stanmore, London, United Kingdom

West View, Victorian municipal office

39 High Street, Harrow on the Hill, London, United Kingdom

The Weald Stone

Weald Stone Public House, High Road, Harrow Weald, London, United Kingdom

Harrow & Wealdstone Station

The Bridge, Wealdstone, London, United Kingdom

Harrow Recreation Ground, pavilion

Hindes Road, Harrow, London, United Kingdom

This (Wrenish Style) building by Gerald Horsley was built in 1911 on the site of the first station opened in 1842.

Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Old Fire Station

90 High Street, Harrow on the Hill, London, United Kingdom

Letchford House. 16th Century Farmhouse, later the probable home of physician John Letchford, died 1666. Called Hatch End Farm in 19th Century. Sometime home of Harrow Central MP, Frank Bishop.

Headstone Lane, Hatch End, London, United Kingdom

Pinner House. Possibly 17th Century with facade completed 1721. The home, 1788-1811, of the Rev. Walter Williams, Vicar of Pinner, and his wife, Mary Beauclerc, Great Grand Daughter of Charles II and Nell Gwynn.

Church Lane, Pinner, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Stanmore Hall. Original building constructed 1843. Extended in 1885 with William Morris interiors. Owners have included William Knox D'Arcy, founder of Anglo Iranian Oil Company (later British Petroleum), Robert Holland balloonist and his wife Helen authoress.

Wood Lane, Stanmore, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Cedars. Gateway of The Cedars, home of Thomas Blackwell (died 1907) giver of Harrow Weald Recreation Ground and benefactor of All Saints Harrow Weald and St Anselms Hatch End Churches. House visited in 1806 by Novelist Sir Walter Scott.

Uxbridge Road, at junction with Courtenay Drive, Harrow, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Canons Park, Gate Piers

Canons Drive, Edgware, London, United Kingdom

Wealdstone Mosaics

The Bridge, Wealdstone, London, United Kingdom

Stanmore Park. Behind these gates was Stanmore House, the 18th century mansion of Andrew Drummond, banker, and then of George Glynn, banker. For half a centrury it was a Boys' School, with England cricketer Rev Vernon Royle as one headmaster. It was demolished in 1938 and the site was used by RAF Balloon, the Transport, then Fighter, Commands until 1997.

Uxbridge Road, near the Old Church, Stanmore, London, United Kingdom

Elliott Hall. Elliott Hall, the assembly hall of the Royal Commercial Travellers School (1885-1967), was designed by H. O. Cresswell, opened in 1905, and named after a successful former pupil. Harrow College of Further Education was here 1967-1987, followed by the Harrow Arts Centre.

Harrow Arts Centre, Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, London, United Kingdom

Zoroastrian Centre

The Ace Bar, Alexandra Avenue, Rayners Lane, Harrow, London, United Kingdom

The King’s Head

High Street, Harrow on the Hill, London, United Kingdom

Pinner Hill Farm

Pinner Hill Road, Harrow, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Grim's Dyke. This house designed by R. Norman Shaw Architect, for Frederick Goodall Painter was later the home of W. S. Gilbert Writer and librettist, from 1890 to 1911, who drowned in the lake.

Grim’s Dyke, Old Redding, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
St Lawrence Whitchurch rebuilt 1715 with baroque interior by James Brydges, later Duke of Chandos, who lived in nearby 'Cannons' and employed G. F. Handel as composer-in-residence

St Lawrence’s Church, Whitchurch Lane, Canons Park, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
'Canons' gate pillars Entrance gate piers to 'Canons' from Old Turnpike Road Built in 1712 for James Brydges 1673-1744, 1st Duke of Chandos. House demolished 1740 and existing buildings constructed from salvaged materials. Piers refurbished 1998.

Canons Drive, Edgware, London, United Kingdom

Subjects