The Pig Bank. For generations a monthly Pig Market was held on this open space on the day following a Cattle Market on St. Thomas' Green. This continued into the early part of the 20th century.

Pig Bank, Dew Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Marychurch Foundry. Nearby is the last 'Block' of the foundry established by Solomon Marychurch in the latter part of the 18th century. It produced a range of household implements and agricultural machinery and was a flourishing concern in the time of his Grandson Joseph Marychurch who was Sheriff in 1829 and Mayor in 1865.

Hole In The Wall, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Assembly Rooms. Built in the early 18th century, it was the favoured venue of the local gentry for many social events. Leased to St. Mary's in 1925 it was used extensively as a church hall and meeting place until the 1950's. By 1970 the building had become unsafe and remained so until its conversion into flats in 1997

5 High Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Old Post Office. Built in 1880 this was the town's main post office until 1936 when the mail and counter services moved to Quay Street. The telephone and engineering sections were relocated to Perrott's Road in 1961

3 High Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Workhouse. A Workhouse called Priory Mount was built on this site during 1837-1839. It continued in use until the Second World War when it became a hospital, subsequently serving as a unit of The County Hospital and Withybush General Hospital. It was converted into flats in 1982.

Winch Lane, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Swan Hotel. This was the site of The Swan Hotel reputed to date from 1536. It was demolished in 1970.

Swan Square, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

From this quay on March 15th 1831 The Steam Packet Paddle Steamer 'Frolic' embarked on a fateful trip to Bristol which ended when it foundered on Nash Sands off Porthcawl on March 17th with the loss of 80 passengers and crew

The Bristol Trader, Quay Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Shire Hall. Architect: William Owen. Built in 1835 to the design of local architect William Owen it is regarded as one of the town's most impressive buildings. As well as being the chief centre for the administration of justice in the County, it was also the meeting place of the former Pembrokeshire County Council.

47 High Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Old Quay. Text copied from the plaque to be seen in the top right hand corner of this building - formerly The Wool Market. This Quay was rebuilt at the expense of this Corporation in the Mayoralty of Wm. Moore Esq. August 1777.

Quay Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Old Council Chamber. Originally the site of "The Coach And Horses" Inn. The present building, dating from 1871 and designed by K.W.Ladd, was used by the former Borough Council until 1974.

1 St. Mary's Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Old Corn Market. This building was originally The Corn And Wool Exchange. It was built in 1847-1849 by local architect, builder and entrepreneur William Owen.

Hill Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Market House And Town Hall. The earliest markets were held in the churchyard. In Queen Elizabeth 1st time it was described as "The greatest and most plentifullest market of the Shire". The Market House And Town Hall was erected opposite this plaque about 1701 and demolished in 1835.

St Mary's Church, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

The Butter And Fish Market. Here stood The Butter And Fish Market, a two storey building of archaic form dating from 1791. After 1900 the ground floor became a municipal dairy and the upper floor a store for council records. Following its demolition in 1951 the site served as a Second World War memorial which was later moved to The Salutation Square.

St Mary's Church, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

Foley House. Foley House, Architect John Nash, was built around 1794 for Richard Foley Esq. A regular guest was his brother Admiral Sir Thomas Foley. The house was visited in 1802 by Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton.

Goat Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

Borough Police Station. The first Borough Police Station stood in front of this wall. It was accommodated in a dwelling house rented in 1836 by The Mayor and Common Council. The building was demolished towards the end of the 19th century

St Mary's Church, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

Gwen John Artist Born here 22nd June 1876 Died 1st September 1939. Augustus John Artist Lived here 1878-1884 Died 31st October 1961

7 Victoria Place West, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

Waldo Williams 1904-1971 born at Prendergast School House, died at St Thomas' Hospital, Haverfordwest. Poet, pacifist, Quaker. 'Blessed are the peacemakers'

Queensway, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom