25322700384 9469fcb423 m
Prahran Mechanics' Institute is registered by the Heritage Council of Victoria. This Institute was established in Chapel Street in 1854 to provide education for working class men. This Federation Free Classical style building, designed by Ernest Horatio Willis, was built in 1915 to accommodate the Institute's expansion. Victorian Heritage Register Number H0400

140 High Street, Prahran, Victoria, Australia

Subjects
8707589946 016b42ff68 m
Former Creswick Gold Office is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. Built in 1858, this relic of a once-thriving goldmining town is one of the earliest permanent public offices for the administration of mining activities in Victoria. Design: Public Works Department. Architect: C. J. Ross.

Albert Street, Creswick, Victoria, Australia

8729402977 6b8c7d5d12 m
The Athenaeum Building is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. The original Mechanics Institute was built on this site in 1842. The present building was completed in 1886 to a design by architects Smith and Johnson. The statue of Athena on the parapet is a distinctive featured. (Victorian Heritage Register Number H0501)

188 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Subjects
Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
The Doll's House is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. This tiny two roomed cottage was built in the mid 1870s at 130 Islington Street to house local workers and their families. It was included in the Housing Investigation and Slum Abolition report, 1937, but remained a home for another 40 years. The Education Department bought the land in 1978 for Collingwood College and the cottage was relocated. Collingwood Historical Society 2006.

cnr McCutcheon Way and Cromwell Street, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Former Foy & Gibson Complex is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. Designed by William Pitt, this magnificent 19th and early 20th century complex of factories, warehouses and showrooms saw the production of a remarkable range of goods for Foy & Gibson, the Melbourne's earliest department store chain. Collingwood Historical Society 2007

170 Oxford Street and 7 Stanley Street, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Former Yorkshire Brewery is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. John Wood established a brewery here in the 1850s. The brewing tower, stables and cellars were designed by the founder's son James Wood in 1875 and are now rare surviving examples of a 19th century brewing complex. Collingwood Historical Society 2007.

, ,

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Former Denton Hat Mills is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. This former factory, built in stages from c.1888 to the 1940s, was Australia's first steam powered hat factory and a leading exporter of hats. Prominent architect William Pitt designed early 20th century additions to the complex. Collingwood Historical Society 2007.

48-60 Nicholson Street (opposite Langridge Street), Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Former Mining Exchange is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. This flamboyant example of Boom Period architecture was built to a design by John Figgis between 1887-1889. It is one of the few remaining mining exchange building in Australia.

?, Creswick, Victoria, Australia

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Werribee Railway Station is registered by the Heritage Council Victoria. Completed in 1857 as part of the Geelong Melbourne Railway, Australia's first country railway, this is one of Victoria's oldest railway buildings. Although damaged by fire in 1927, it retained its original walls, platform and cellar. Victorian Heritage Register Number H1309.

Werribee Railway Station, Comben Street, Werribee, Victoria, Australia

8963183127 b340af7bf9 m
The Toongabbie Mechanics Institute and Free Library is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. The Toongabbie Mechanics Institute and Free Library (registered 1983) was built in 1883 by carpenters Hollingsworth and Bosustow. The large timber building is unusual in design and its size reflects the town's early prosperity and expectations.

12-16 KING STREET, Toongabbie, Victoria, Australia

Subjects
12243290715 4302223800 m
St Paul's Cathedral is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. This High Victorian Gothic Revival style cathedral, built in 1880-91, is an important example of the work of eminent English architect William Butterfield. The three towers and spire were completed in 1933 to a design by Sydney architect John Barr.

Corner Flinders and Swanston Streets, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Subjects
12244341183 d60742cced m
Ballarat Town Hall is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. Built 1870 to a design by Lorenz, Oakden and Caselli, this grand Classical Revival-style building features eight 'Alfred Bells' in the central mansarded clock tower. Civic buildings with bells are extremely rare.

Sturt Street, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Blue plaque ballarat mining exchange
Former Mining Exchange is registered by Heritage Council Victoria. This flamboyant example of Boom Period architecture was built to a design by John Figgis between 1887-1889. It is one of the few remaining mining exchange buildings in Australia.

Lydiard Street, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia