Rose Line Building. Built in the late 18th century as part of the thriving town centre this warehouse is made of rubble stone with a brick extension of about 1820. The Rose Line Company were the last occupants from 1912. It fell into disuse in 1986 and was restored in 1995.
Wylam Wharf. First recorded in 1601. This Wharf was used to trade in coal and general goods. Its central location made it one of the busiest of Sunderland's Wharves. The name derives from Edward Wylam who acquired it in 1819.
Low Street Bonded Warehouse. Early 19th Century building. Housed a smithy making ships chains and anchors and a Marine Stores Dealers to hold goods "in Bond" to save payment of duty. Later used by George Younger (Brewer) of Alloa and from 1914, by the Rose Line Shipping Company. Restored 1997.