8467846819 37ec218d4c m
Nashville Fire Department The city's first fire-fighting force of volunteers was formed in May 1807. The first paid Dept. was organized on July 29. 1860, with J.S. Dashiell as chief. Three horse-drawn steam engines were bought. A telegraph alarm system was installed in 1875. Chief A.A. Rozetta used the first auto Nov. 21. 1910. First gasoline driven engines were used Sept. 1912

Hermitage Avenue, Nashville, TN , United States