This Ordnance Survey stone marks the north-east corner of the former Military Lands where units of the British Garrisons were stationed between 1838 and 1868. In 1873 the Ordnance Lands became the property of the municipality and Victoria Park was created in the area to the south of Central Avenue. The Fair Grounds occupied the northern section until moving to the Queen's Park site in 1887. Carling's Creek, which flowed to the west below this point, was dammed to form Lake Horn.
Piccadilly Park, London, ON, Canada