Sir Marc Isambard Brunel 1769-1849

Railway Avenue, SE16, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Mayflower Public House. This restored 16th century public house was originally called the Spread Eagle. It is named after the ship chartered by the Pilgrim Fathers, who left Rotherhithe for America in 1620

The Mayflower, 117 Rotherhithe Street, SE16, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Lavender Pumphouse This was constructed by the Port of London Authority in 1930 to maintain the water level in the old Surrey Commercial Dock

Lavender Road, London, United Kingdom

Thames Tunnel Mill - This is the a listed mid 19th century former mill building and warehouse. It is one of the earliest warehouse residential conversions in Docklands.

Rotherhithe Street, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
Dockmanager's office. Former Surrey Commercial Docks Superintendent's Office built in 1887 and restored to its original condition by LDDC in 1985.

Old Dock Offices, Surrey Quays Road, London, United Kingdom

Yard Office. This little building is one of the few which survive from the days of the Surrey Commercial Dock Co. It was erected in 1902 when the Greenland Dock was doubled in length. Nobody is sure what it was used for.

Corner of Rope Street and Sweden Gate, London, United Kingdom

Boundary Stone This stone marks the boundary between St. Mary's parish, Rotherhithe and St. Paul's parish, Deptford. Until 1899 this was also the Kent - Surrey boundary. The stone was on a bridge over the Earl Creek nearby, but was relocated here in 1988.

Deptford Wharf, London, United Kingdom