16905837246 55d18d0ba6 m
Ponchatoula Depot. Original depot built c. 1854 by New Orleans, Jackson & Great Northern Railroad (later Illinois Central). Burned when Union forces captured town in March 1863. Rebuilt c. 1865. Present depot built in 1894 and remodeled in the 1920's. Erected by Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, 1982.

Intersection of Northeast Railroad Avenue and E. Pine Street, Ponchatoula, United States

Subjects
13779473554 d45640b81c m
Goldsmith-Godchaux House Designed by noted nineteenth century architect Henry Howard in 1859. Significant for its painted interiors. Has more fresco wall decoration and stenciling that probably any other mid-nineteenth century residence in the South. Erected by the Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism 1980

1122 Jackson Avenue, New Orleans, LA, United States

15603266143 18f3510345 m
Town of Carrollton. Laid out by Charles Zimpel in 1833 on site of Macarty Plantation, formerly uppermost part of Bienville's 1719 land grant. Jefferson Parish seat 1852-1874. Annexed 1874 by New Orleans. 1854 courthouse designed by Henry Howard.

Carrollton Avenue near St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA, United States