Albert Bridge was constructed in 1844 to replace the original New Bailey Bridge built by a company under an act of parliament in 1765, A toll to cross new Baily Bridge was levied until 1806. During the mid 18th century trading in Salford and Manchester grew rapidly. Along the banks of the River Irwell between Blackfriars Bridge and New Bailey Bridge wharves and warehouses were establised by trading companies that transported raw materials and finished goods.

Albert Bridge, New Bailey Street / Bridge Street, Manchester, United Kingdom

Subjects