The Old Rectory
Built circa 1300 for the rector of St. Marys, John de Heton, and bestowed in 1393 to Kirklees Priory, together with the Advowson of Mirfield. In 1539, at the dissolution of the monasteries, both became the property of Henry VIII who then sold them to Lord Saville in 1540. They were returned to the Kirklees Estate in 1601 when the Armytage family acquired the,. In 1810 they were owned by the Inghams of Blake Hall and in 1933 by the Church of England. In 1967 George & Margaret Bottomley bought the rectory and restored it.
The Old Rectory, Mirfield, United Kingdom