This building is the first that was erected for the Transvaal University College. It was designed by Mr. Percy Eagle and built by J.J. Kirkness. The foundation stone was laid on 3rd August 1910 by the Governor-General, Viscount Gladstone. The building was occupied in September 1911, when there were seven professors, six lecturers, one secretary and sixty-two students connected with the institution. Together with the Chemistry Building, it housed the entire University College until 1920.
National Monuments Council
University of Pretoria, -25.754137, 28.230151, Pretoria, South Africa