The Salmagundi Club

5th Avenue, New York, NY, United States

Bowling Green Fence. Erected by the Common Council in 1771, this fence surrounds New York's earliest part. The park was leased in 1733 for use as a bowling green at a rental of one peppercorn a year. Patriots, who in 1776 destroyed an equestrian statue of George III which stood here, are said to have removed the crowns which capped the fence posts, but the fence itself remains.

, New York, NY, United States

Bethesda Fountain and Terrace Designed by Calvert Vaux and Jacob Wrey Mould, these stairways, terrace and fountain were focal features of the original plan for Central Park by Vaux and Frederick Law Olmsted. The fountain sculpture by Emma Stebbins, inspired by the biblical account of the miraculous pool of Bethesda, was installed in 1873.

Central Park, New York, NY, United States

The Metropolitan Club Designed in Italian Renaissance style by McKim, Mead & White, this building on a site formerly owned by the Duchess of Marlborough, was completed as a home for the Metropolitan Club in 1894. The Club, whose first president was J. Pierpont Morgan, was organized in 1891.

East 60th Street, New York, NY, United States

Subjects
Saint Thomas Church This Gothic edifice, completed in 1913 from designs by Cram, Goodhub & Ferguson, is the fourth church building of a Protestant Episcopal parish organized in 1823. Bertram Grosvenor Goodhub supervised much of the interior including the reredos by Lee Lawrie and the wood carvings by Irving & Casson. Most of the windows were made by Whitefriars of London.

, New York, NY, United States

Old St. Peter's Church

, New York, NY, United States