The Lambs Club 130 West 44th Street The Lambs Club, a private social group that presented plays and satirical theatrical revues, built this clubhouse in 1904-5. The eastern half of this fine neo-georgian style building was designed by the prominent architectural firm of McKim, Mead and White, whose senior partners were club members. Architect George A. Freeman, Jr., was responsible for adding the western half in a seamless ca. 1915 addition that displays similar brickwork, marble, terra cotta and classical ornament. Sold in 1975, the former clubhouse has subsequently been used as an off-Broadway theater and church. The building was renovated and converted into a hotel in 2010.
130 West 44th Street, New York, NY, United States