In Memory Of The Allied Invasion Of Europe On 6th June 1944. This Plaque Was Erected By The People Of Newport On 6th June 1994 To Commemorate The 50th Anniversary Of The D-Day Landings By The Allied Forces In Normandy During World War II. Among Those Who Landed In The Vicinity Of Asnelles On That Part Of The Normandy Coastline Code-Named Gold Beach, Was The 2nd Battalion The South Wales Borderers. The Brave Actions Of All Those Who Participated In Operation Overlord Including The Men And Women Of Newport Will Never Be Forgotten.

High Street, Newport, Gwent, United Kingdom

Subjects
Boundary Wall. This marked the limit of the town from its medieval origins until 1835, when its first extension took in the workhouse (now part of St Woolos Hospital) and Pillgwenlly

Newport Cathedral raised walkway alongside Stow Hill, Newport, Gwent, United Kingdom