Gray Memorial Gardens. Parish churchyard from 1719 to 1854. Accommodates over 100,000 burials, including the gravestone of Jack Crawford and the tomb of Reverend Robert Gray, Sunderland's beloved rector from 1819 to 1838.

, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Ferry Landing. In use as a crossing as early as the 7th century. The fare was one halfpenny (0.2 pence) from the 18th century right up until its closure in 1957.

, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Subjects
Trafalgar Square. Built 1840. Early Victorian seamen's almshouses funded by the muster rolls. Honours 76 sailors from Old Sunderland that were present at the Battle of Trafalgar on 21st October 1805.

, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Gray School. On this site stood the Gray School, a well-loved Old Township seat of learning. Names after Rev. Robert Gray, rector of Sunderland Parish 1819-1838.

, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Subjects
Bodlewell Lane. Site of the Bodle Well, Old Sunderland 's main water supply through the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. A bodle, a Scottish coin worth half a farthing, would buy a skeel or 2 gallons of water.

, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Workhouse. Site of the Sunderland Parish Workhouse, built 1740 and housing 600 people. Attached to it was a pin factory, a sailmaker's loft and the Township's second hospital.

, Sunderland, United Kingdom

10 and 11 Church Street. Built in 1711 as part of a street of merchants' houses that linked the Parish Church with the commercial High Street and Riverside.

, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Bull Lane. A typical 18th century alleyway leading to Low Street and the Quayside. Whilst many alterations have since taken place, the houses on either side date back to 1690.

Bull Lane, Sunderland, United Kingdom

St. John's Chapel/Church. Built 1769 by local coal fitter John Thornhill to ease overcrowding at the Parish Church. It became a separate parish church in 1876 and a garrison church 1823-1919. Demolished 1972.

, Sunderland, United Kingdom