Oxford Preservation Trust is committed to ensuring a positive future for Oxford, preserving and enhancing the City's historic character and green setting, whilst recognising the needs of the 21st century city. Founded in 1926, the Trust was one of the first local amenity societies in England, and is now Oxford's largest, with over 1000 members.
The Trust owns over 800 acres of land in and around the City. It encourages an active interest in it, manages it an environmentally sensitive way and gives public access wherever possible. Two of the City's important green spaces, South Park and Shotover, were given by the Trust to the City for the benefit of the public. There are several listed buildings in the Trust's ownership, including a fifteenth-century merchant's house in Abingdon which is open to the public, and the row of seventeenth-century cottages in Turn Again Lane close to the Westgate car park, one of which houses the Trust's offices.
Manor House, Elsfield, Oxford, United Kingdom
The Plain, Oxford, United Kingdom