This plaque commemorates the Electric Trams which served the people of Peterborough from 1903 to 1930. They ran from Market Place (Cathedral Square) to Dogsthorpe, Newark and Walton, with a depot at Millfield.
Electric trams are now being re-introduced into some British cities.
This plaque was sponsored by the Peterborough Power Station at the instigation of the Peterborough Civic Society and placed here by courtesy of the Midland Bank.
Church Street, Peterborough, United Kingdom