This Victorian post box was cast during the period 1881 - 1901 by W. T. Allen & Co London at their Sherwood foundry in Mansfield and was formerly sited at the docks post office in Commercial Rd. The office was closed in 1916 and the post box was withdrawn from service on the 9th April 1902

Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum, Gloucester, United Kingdom