http://www.rushdenheritage.co.uk/history/blueplaques.html

The site of Stonehurst 145 High Street a late Victorian building built by Praeds Brewery Company as a brewery store, wine & spirit warehouse. Used to house Belgian refugees in the 1914-18 war (popularly known as the Belgian House). The home of the Wheeler family 1933-1963. Damaged in the bombing raid of October 3rd 1940. Demolished 1976

145 High Street, Rushden, United Kingdom

This site was formerly occupied by The Shoe Factory, founded in 1891 by Benjamin Ladds and managed successively by his son, Benjamin Hugh and grandson, Hugh Selby Ladds until 1971. This plaque is dedicated to their memory and all who contributed to the industrial heritage of our town.

Heather Court, Rushden, United Kingdom

H. E. Bates author born here May 16 1905

51 Grove Road, Rushden, United Kingdom

Subjects
H. E. Bates author lived here 1914-22

15 Essex Road, Rushden, United Kingdom

Subjects
John White boot manufacturer '2nd' factory 1920-22 "2000 pairs a week"

Church Street, Rushden, United Kingdom

The Salvation Army est. in Rushden 1883 First citadel no 432 on this site 1888-1947

Rectory Road, Rushden, United Kingdom

H. E. Bates author lived here from 1914 until 1931 when he married and moved to Little Chart, Kent

15 Essex Road, Rushden, United Kingdom

Subjects