Kings Head Clock
The Kings Head was originally a coaching inn on the Birmingham Halesowen turnpike, dating from around 1790. The inn was rebuilt as now in 1905 by Holt brewery and the clock was commissioned and erected alongside at that time.
It is a typical 'Chamberlain' pillar clock, several of which survive around Birmingham.
Fabricated in cast iron by Glasgow firm J & A Law, it was originally gas-lit and hand-wound.
Around the base of the colum were a horse trough and dog bowl, which survive to this day.
It was removed from the Kings Head in 1971, to enable the road to be widened.
The clock was fitted with an electric mechanism, restored and re-erected in 1979 in High Street, Birmingham, where it stood until June 2015.
Birmingham City Council generously offered the clock to Sandwell Council, to enable it to return to Bearwood. Following restoration and renovation, the clock was re-erected here in 2015, within site of it's original home.
Hagley Road West, Bearwood, Smethwick, United Kingdom