Valley Bridge. A bridge 30 feet wide was erected by the Scarborough Valley Bridge Company and opened as a toll bridge 1st July 1865. Purchased by the Corporation 12th June 1891. Tolls abolished 5th October 1919. That bridge was taken down and this bridge 64 feet 6 inches wide erected in its place 1926-8. Opened 26th July 1928 by Mrs Wilfrid Ashley. Alderman E. H. Matthews J.P., M.B.E. Mayor. Alderman Sir Meredith T. Whittaker KT., J.P. Chairman of the Committee Messrs Goode, Fitzmaurice, Wilson & Mitchell. Engineers John Butler & Co Ltd. Contractors

Valley Bridge north west side wall, Scarborough, United Kingdom

Subjects
Peasholm Glen Bridge. This bridge was opened by Lady Jenks Lady Mayoress of London on the 29th July 1932. Aldreman John William Butler J.P., Mayor of Scarborough. Harry W. Smith Assoc. M. Inst. C. E. Borough Engineer. Mouchel & Partners Consulting Engineers. Fred. Whittaker & Co., Ltd Contractors.

Peasholm Glen Bridge , Scarborough, United Kingdom

This lighthouse was destroyed by the German bombardment on the 16th December 1914 and rebuilt by the Scarborough Townsmen's Association, by public subscription, opened on the 23rd September 1931 by the Mayoress of Scarborough Mrs J. W. Butler

Lighthouse, Vincent's Pier, Scarborough, United Kingdom

Alfred Shuttleworth presented this clock tower to the Borough of Scarborough in the year of the Coronation of King George V. A.D. 1911.

Shuttleoworth Clock Tower, Esplanade , Scarborough, United Kingdom