Rushworth Mechanics' Institute. This building was constructed in 1913 with William Gunn, President of the Mechanics' Institute laying the foundation stone. It replaced the original Institute building, erected in 1897 near the railway line. Apart from a lending library for the miners and tradesmen, the new Institute also included a billiard's room surrounded by a raised platform for spectators. The overhead lighting and stained glass window afford distinction to the main room. This building is now used by the Rushworth Historical Society.

Cnr High and Parker Street, Rushworth, Victoria, Australia

Subjects
Lambden House Lambden House and the adjacent butcher's shop were associated with Rushworth's prominent Lambden family. The residence is architecturally significant at a local level as an intact example of a typical Late Victorian timber home. In 2010 both the residence and the butcher's shop were incorporated into the overall operations of Goulburn Valley Health's Waranga Aged Care Hostel. Building reconstruction has restored the style of the former butcher's shop. The residence was classified by the National Trust in 1982.

High Street, Rushworth, Victoria, Australia