Adur Dry Dock Opened on the 11th day of September 1934 by R.A. Penney Esq. J.P. Chairman. Designed by Messrs. Lewis & Lewis Consulting Engineers Westminster Constructed by J.T. Mackley & Co. Ltd. Contractors Shoreham-By-Sea A.R.T. Williams Commander R.N. (RET.) Clerk, Harbour Master & Engineer.
On the 6th day of April 1933
His Majesty King George V. was graciously pleased to command that this lock opened on the 15th day of March by his son H.R.H. The Prince George, K.G. should thenceforth be known as The Prince George Lock.