Blue plaque at gerard moerdyk house
Argitek Gerard Moerdyk (4-3-1890 - 29-3-1958) het hierdie huis ontwerp en bewoon 1924-1955 | Gerard Moerdyk (4-3-1890 - 29-3-1958), designed and lived in this house from 1924-1955

274 Pomona Street, Pretoria, South Africa

Subjects
Kya rosa blue plaque
Relpika van KYA ROSA, die oorspronklike setel (1908) van die UNIVERSITEIT VAN PRETORIA. Kya Rosa is in 1897 in Schoemanstraat deur Leo Weinthal as woonhuis gebou English Translation: Relpica of KYA ROSA, the original seat (1908) of the UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA. Kya Rosa was built as the residence 0f Leo Weinthal in 1897, in Schoeman Street

University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
ZOO LAKE AREA is part of the 81 ha area presented to Johannesburg in 1904 by Wernher Beit and Co. for the purpose of a public park to be known as HERMAN ECKSTEIN PARK. The Dam in this area (originally the old Braamfontein Farm) was enlarged in 1906 and the Coronation Fountain commissioned in 1937.

Zoo Lake, Saxonwold, Johannesbug (Plaques appear on the boathouse) , Johannesburg, South Africa

Tutu house plaque
Archbishop Desmond Tutu, world renowned champion of human rights, was awarded the Nobel peace Prize in 1984 for his decades of non-violent struggle for racial equality. In 1995, he was appointed by President Mandela to chair the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. This has been the family home of Desmond and Leah Tutu since 1975. They celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary here, and it continues to be their Johannesburg residence. An addition to the house was designed by architect John Noero in 1990.

Cnr Vilikazi & Bacela Streets, Orlando West, Soweto, Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa

Subjects