Wexford Coastal Path
Wexford Harbour is protected by this long narrow sand spit which extends northwards for about five kilometres from Rosslare. The character of the harbour was greatly changed in the last century when the north and south slobs were drained. A village, known as the Fort, was located at the end of the sand spit until 1925 when it was washed away by the sea. Wexford Harbour and the slobs are rich in birdlife and are of high scientific interest.