14250495462 470468cba4 m
Lord Street Boulevard The exiled Prince Louis Napoleon lived in Southport in 1838 and admired the long straight wide tree-lined Lord Street. Later he remembered Lord Street's elegance when he returned to France as Emperor and he transformed Paris with its now famous Boulevards.

Lord Street junction Duke Street, Southport, United Kingdom

Subjects
14066016568 bca5506f0d m
Lord Street Spires. Southport was a town full of spires. There were three church spires in Lord Street: Christ Church built in 1821, West End Congregational Church in 1862, and St George's Presbyterian Church in 1872. The latter two are now United Reformed Churches, only St George's Church retains its spire.

148 Lord Street, Southport, United Kingdom

1395171 973d3348 120x120
Lord Street Station. This tower built in 1894, was the entrance portico and clock tower to the Southport and Cheshire lines extension railway terminus. The railway line ran through the sand dunes to Chester.

Garrick Parade, Lord Street, Southport, United Kingdom

Nophotosqr c8cff0fa2e124eb250f8f6105b227a36933c2aa31cbf3258895bafaa81e1b932
Wayfarers Arcade originally named Leyland Arcade after Southport's Liberal M.P., it was opened in 1898. The glass and cast iron work to the Lord Street portico is matched by the quality of the mahogany shop fronts and elegant balconies inside.

311-317 Lord St, PR8 1NY, Southport, United Kingdom

1396230 2d2e0f81 120x120
Mermaid Fountain. This exotic fountain was commissioned by Walter Connard (1859-1946) to stand in front of his Palladium Picture Palace which opened in 1914. He had earlier started his jewellery business in 1883 which his descendants continue to run. The oldest family firm on Lord Street

, Southport, United Kingdom