These almshouses were built in 1898
by Richard Cadbury for the benefit
of the workers of Cadbury's.
During the Second World War the railings
were removed to support the war effort.
Over the ensuing years, damage to the
stonework resulting from the removal
has been extensive. As a reminder this
section has been left unrestored.
The project to replace these
railings and stonework
was undertaken by the
Trustees of Bournville Almshouse Trust
Linden Road, Birmingham, United Kingdom