On this site between 1820 and 1908 stood St Augustine's RC Church and its parish schools. Known as "St Austin's", it was the third oldest Catholic Church in Manchester. By the 1840s it served over 10,000 predominantly Irish parishioners. Between 5,000 and 15,000 people were buried in the Church grounds. In 1908 the Church moved to York Street, and in 1940 to All Saints.
Sackville Street Building, Granby Row Entrance, Manchester, United Kingdom